Tortilla Flat restaraunt- what happened to it?
J Antero
2005-12-17 19:23:44 UTC
It was located off Sante Fe in Littleton and had great food. It's not there
anymore and I'm wondering if it closed or relocated or what.

Thanks for any info.
Uncle Sam
2005-12-17 19:45:12 UTC
Post by J Antero
It was located off Sante Fe in Littleton and had great food. It's not there
anymore and I'm wondering if it closed or relocated or what.
Thanks for any info.
Didn't know they'd shuttered...

From 1999:

http://www.westword.com/issues/1999-01-07/cafe.html
Tortilla Flat, still doing a big business at 2850 West Church Avenue
in Littleton, originally opened in 1959 as The Shanty on Littleton
Boulevard. Three years later, owner Helen Estrada was forced to move
the eatery when the landlord sold the building; she reopened the
restaurant, now named Tortilla Flat, at the corner of Bowles and
Church. But that location wasn't meant to be, either: The flood of
1965 wiped out both the restaurant and the Estradas' house. When a new
Tortilla Flat debuted the next year, it occupied the site that once
held the Estrada home. The restaurant moved once again twenty years
later, to the spot it has now occupied since 1986.
o***@gmail.com
2015-07-08 21:03:43 UTC
I have the information that you want. I am the great grandson of Hellen Estrada. I am now a chef and I am bringing back the food starting with the green chili. Please give me a call for more information 303-619-6206
P***@republicschools.org
2015-08-05 14:57:03 UTC
Post by o***@gmail.com
I have the information that you want. I am the great grandson of Hellen Estrada. I am now a chef and I am bringing back the food starting with the green chili. Please give me a call for more information 303-619-6206
UNBELIEVEABLE!
My husband and I just got back from The 2015 Colorado Epic Adventure - which was, predictably, interjected with attempts at finding green chile as good as his beloved Tortilla Flats (from his years living in Denver). All attempts were, predictably, busts.

I can't believe you just posted this!!! Are you opening up another Tortilla Flats? And, more importantly, do you have (and would you share) the recipe for your green chile? I have spent more than the better part of a decade trying to recreate it for him, with no luck. Please...pretty please??????!!!!!
s***@gmail.com
2016-08-02 21:07:40 UTC
Is this for real? So which son or daughter is your grandparent. I heard that Ernie Jr was opening a rest. in Kentucky, I would love to know if you will be doing the same here in Denver again with the original chile. Grew up eating at Tortilla Flats and my Dad, Uncle and all of us were friends with Ernie. let me know, thanks, Julie
m***@gmail.com
2017-10-21 16:24:59 UTC
Hi, Please reply back to my email if you are willing. We all grew up in Littleton from the late 50's on to today. We would love to find out how to get in touch with the incredible food from our childhood. We will never forget about the Rellenos and talk about them to this day, Thanks, Mike
t***@gmail.com
2019-01-05 05:07:35 UTC
Seriously the best Mexican food in Denver. I remember Helen always walking around and Ernie making balloons for all the kids. My favorites were the Enchiladas and Tacos. My entire family misses this place!!!
d***@skybeam.com
2020-01-25 18:34:28 UTC
What is the name and address of your restaurant?We were patrons every other Saturday from the late 60s through mid 70s. We adored the green chili and have tried to make it at home. Your great grandma had an award winning recipe... so sad it isn't available today. Best restaurant in Denver. Bensons
j***@gmail.com
2020-07-28 22:17:57 UTC
Post by o***@gmail.com
I have the information that you want. I am the great grandson of Hellen Estrada. I am now a chef and I am bringing back the food starting with the green chili. Please give me a call for more information 303-619-6206
This number no longer works.